Current lockdown means we can no longer bring our customer in out of the cold at the moment and this also prevents us from taking advantage of all the people who’ve volunteered to help. Please don’t go anywhere – we will get back to you when COVID allows!
A wee reminder that The Pantry is for ALL Inverkeithing residents and we want to encourage more of our townsfolk to come along - at just £3 per bag per customer (or a donation), what you get is amazing value for money!
The Pantry is part of the FareShare Scotland scheme that aims to prevent food surplus from supermarkets going to landfill.
And we’re very excited to tell you about some of the other help we’ve had so far:
- weekly pick-ups of food donations from local Co-op and Aldi stores - helping them to reduce food waste;
- food donations when available from Asda, Dalgety Bay;
- £250 grant from Eats Rosyth and the Scottish Government Supporting Communities Fund;
- 40 freshly made takeaway meal donations every week from Eats Rosyth for our customers – all we provide are the containers;
- £250 in food vouchers from Scotmid through their Membership & Community Manager;
- £2,000 grant from The Robertson Trust to buy a fabulous commercial freezer – means we can safely store fresh food donations and buy more fresh and frozen food;
- £500 joint donation from Kingdom Housing Association and Campion Homes through their community payback scheme;
- and not forgetting the amazing support from Fife Council staff (you know who you are Carol and Lisa!) – so very much appreciated.
Demand is growing steadily every week and we’re constantly checking out other grants – we want our Pantry to become a permanent hub in the community.
We’re so grateful for everyone’s support to keep it going.
Please come along on Thursdays and tell all your Inverkeithing friends and neighbours about us!